Even if you qualify for an expungement, there are certain additional requirements that must be satisfied before we can file your New Jersey Expungement.
(1) You cannot have any current charges pending in any State.
(2) All fines, penalties, surcharges, and restitution must be paid.
(3) You must not be on probation, parole, or serving a sentence in any State.
(4) You must wait six years after completing probation or parole for a criminal (felony) charge, or three-years after any probation on a disorderly persons (misdemeanor) charge. If no probation was given, them you must still serve the waiting period.
(5) If given Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI), a Conditional Discharge, or a Conditional Dismissal, you must wait six-months after successful completion.
(6) Must not have a conviction for the following:
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Criminal Restraint
- Criminal Sexual Contact
- Death by Auto
- Endangering the welfare of a child
- False Swearing
- Forcible Sodomy
Steven W. Hernandez, Esq., is an experienced criminal defense lawyer and has successfully helped many clients clear their criminal record. Contact Steven W. Hernandez for a FREE CONSULTATION at 732-286-2700.